Monday, September 12, 2011

Old eyes need new glasses

I finally started Rowan's counted cross stitch Christmas stocking, and have discovered a harsh truth - my store bought glasses just aren't cutting it. Somehow those stitches are smaller than I remembered, even with my Ott light, and there are way too many shades of gray. I've already contacted an optician friend to get the name of a good eye doctor. Since I don't see street signs well, I suspect Bifocals may be in my future. Any advice?

On the bright side, the Ho-Ho (as Rowan calls Santa) is taking shape on the stocking and with a little luck and plenty of stitching time, I might just make it by Christmas. This is, however, really cutting in to my knitting time. I started the Steggie sweater for the same darling grandson but it has been sitting in my knitting bag absorbing cat hair for the last week. Guess I'll have to try to alternate.

Nicole got permission to start back to work on the floor (as opposed to the administrative stuff she's been doing for two weeks). She's tired but back to doing her real job. That is exciting news for everyone.

Now I'm off to listen to some Jim Butcher on MP3 and do a little more cross stitch :-)

3 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Ouch! Time has a way of reminding people, we're not as good as we used to be. Hope you get your new glasses soon.

roxie said...

Hooray for Nichole! And thank God that glasses are available! You can still see the things you want to do.

Donna Lee said...

I'm so glad Nicole is working back at what she trained for!

And I've been wearing bifocals (invisible ones) for a few years. I am very nearsighted so I often end up taking them off to do the close up stuff.