Thursday, June 16, 2011

Christmas is coming

It just occurred to me that Christmas is coming. Last year at this time I promised myself I'd cross stitch my grandson's stocking. That didn't happen. Since he was one I didn't figure he'd know the difference. This year he will. I probably should dig that out and take a look.

We had a wonderful week with my son, daughter-in-law and grandson and were so sorry to see them go. Rowan got to go to the lake for the first time. The plan was to play in the sand but he plunged right in to the water from head to toe. He also discovered the joys of digging with a stick and throwing rocks.


This week Nicole, Patrick and I are back in Phoenix for her Gamma Knife treatment. Keeping fingers crossed that it will be all up hill from here.

2 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

You'd better get going on that stocking!

I loved playing in that lake as a teenager.

Donna Lee said...

Each one of my kids has a hand made and embroidered stocking that I made. It's one of their favorite parts of the holiday. When Kate and Em moved out, they took them with them and now it looks lonely when I hang only 3. I think I need to make them new ones.