Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Over the hump

Thanks for the great advice and encouragement. My head has mostly stopped spinning and we are over the hump and moving forward on a number of issues.

We had our ribbon cutting at the Chamber yesterday for our new business which was quite exciting. It almost made us feel like real grown up business people (at least until someone figures out we are flying by the seat of our pants :-)

I picked up my taxes today and we actually are getting money back for the first time in years. I guess all those business start up expenses did the trick. Of course that means we spent a whole bunch of money to get some back. That almost, sort of makes sense.

I sent the baby socks off to Iowa but forgot to take pictures of them before they went! I got the new DPN's and am back at work on the February Lady. About half way done with the first sleeve. I took the advice of several people on Ravelry and did just two lace repeats on the body and then went back to the finish the sleeves. That way I don't have to keep turning the whole weight of the body for each sleeve. The toddler cardigan I made was done the same way - finish sleeves, then finish the rest of the body. So far so good.

I did get a circular needle to try the Magic Loop for my roulette sock. Not sure when I'm going to start that. I still Embossed Leaves socks and Monkey socks hanging out on the needles. And I have a baby layette set I want to cast on. Sorry Julie, baby set may trump roulette sock in April. Am I kicked out in disgrace if I don't finish my second sock by then?

Now I'm off to spend some time with a friend I haven't seen in a while. We usually sit on the patio and eat frozen pizza but drink really good wine. It works for us.

No comments: