Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lazy Saturdays are good

I like lazy Saturdays. Slept late, knitted for a couple of hours, read a new book and now am playing on the computer. Giving myself permission to not feel guilty even though the house is a wreck. I did get a lot done this week and mostly got caught up on the tasks awaiting me post vacation.

I pulled out some of my counted crossstitch books and kits today. Think I'm going to start on a Christmas stocking for my grandson. I have a really nice kit that is heirloom quality (translated - many, many tiny stitches) If I start now I should be able to get it done in time for the holidays and still have plenty of knitting time. I used to do a lot of crossstitch and know better than to underestimate the time involved.

Off to do some more knitting and maybe a little nap.

4 comments:

Donna Lee said...

I love those kind of days and am looking forward to one today. I made each one of my girls a stocking when they were born and they are cherished. I'm currently working on a table cloth that I've been working on for several years. I can only do so many stitches before I have to put it away. It's beautiful and one day I'll finish it.

Em said...

Those are the best kinds of days, especially when the weather is suitably gross so you don't have to worry about not going outside. You've been plenty productive lately, and breaks are good for the soul. Your grandson will love the stocking, I can't wait to see some progress pictures!

Saren Johnson said...

It's JUNE!! You'd better start that stocking NOW!

Amy Lane said...

Like Em said... lazy Saturdays are best when the weather makes them guilt free...