Monday, April 22, 2013

Yarn and more yarn

My WEBS order arrived and I've been sorting and bagging with the patterns.  Every year, I wait for their anniversary sale so I can stock up on Plymouth Encore.  It's a good yarn for little people and busy mommies who throw everything in the washer.

I also got some Berroco Vintage to make my son a new hat and scarf.  I haven't used it before, but the reviews sounded good. He picked the color, a nice medium gray that will be good TV knitting.  When the yarn arrived, the Berroco had a strong chemical odor.  I gave a couple of skeins a bath in Soak and aired them outside, which seemed to do the trick.  Might have been the dye.

We went to Phoenix over the weekend and had a great time with Nicole and Patrick.  We celebrated our 33rd anniversary in style with good food and a trip to the Musical Instrument Museum in Scottsdale, AZ.  We were there for 4 hours and could have spent many more.  I didn't even finish the exhibits. 

Not much new on the employment front.  I've filed with a state for a new geriatric care business, to hopefully pick up a part time contract.  Since we will be headed to Iowa in a couple of weeks to visit those cute grandsons, I'm mostly wrapping up loose ends and puttering around the house. 

Hope your week is a good one.

1 comment:

Donna Lee said...

Nice choice of colors there in the yarn. I haven't bought any lately, I've invested in roving and have been spinning.

Happy Anniversary! It doesn't seem like 33 years, does it? Our 32 anniversary is this year and I always wonder where the time has gone and how I can be old enough to have been married so long.