Friday, August 1, 2008

Relief

Today was my first baseline colonoscopy, which I've been putting off since turning 50. I could have found any number of reasons to put it off another year or ten, but decided in the interests of health I should get it over with.

I will not share the gory details of the prep (crappy is a good word :-) , but will suffice to say, the procedure was a piece of cake. Went to sleep and woke up with it over - even I can pass that test. It appears my colon is shiny clean and everything is normal. Normal is a word I like when it comes to health.

My husband took the day off work to stay with me, though I've mostly been sleeping and watching tv and was kind enough to drive me to the surgery center at 5:30 AM. Did you know they have one of those in the morning? Amazing!

I got my bamboo yarn from Roxie's blog contest and it is gorgeous! Thank you so much for making us all winners!! I plan to take pictures of the yarn when my blog winnings from Knittech arrive and post my loot so everyone can see. Presents are such great fun.

I'm going to go read for a bit and probably fall asleep again. And to think this is how the cats live all the time.

3 comments:

Amy Lane said...

Ugh. I've done two of them, and you're so much happier than I would be! (The Cave Troll got his first stitches after the first one--more time in Kaiser, and I was pregnant and didn't know it...fun times!!!)

But knitting and sleeping is good:-)

Donna Lee said...

I had one 3 years ago and the prep is definitely the worst part....Tomorrow I have an endoscope. Not much prep (no food after midnight) and it's scheduled for 6:45 am. I'll be home in time to eat breakfast and go back to sleep. The thought of a tube down my throat is frightening but hey, I'll be asleep. No worries.

Saren Johnson said...

Glad all went well. (Ha!) The loot should be there any time.