Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Where is the word "NO"

I did it again. I agreed to sit on the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. Didn't I say I was going to work saying "NO"? It didn't work, again.

At least this time I did spend several days thinking on it before I committed (or got committed).

I have been very supportive of our Chamber for a long time. I served on the Education Committee and attended many of their events. (As an aside - writing this would be so much easier if the cat would keep her tail out of my coffee!) In addition to being a group I believe in, the networking would be beneficial to my fledgling business. Thank goodness this one doesn't meet at 7 AM like the meeting I had today. I'm not a morning person.

I am 3/4 of the way through Bitter Moon II and wish I could spend the rest of my day reading but that whole work thing keeps interfering. Needless to say it DOES NOT SUCK and I will write more when I finish.

I'm ready to turn the heel on my February roulette sock, and have about an inch done on the sweater. I had to frog and start over because I wasn't happy with the increases. Much better now that I got my paired increases going in appropriate directions.

I spent Saturday night reliving my son's senior year of high school as I transferred video to DVD. I wonder if his students would like to see him in a girl's cheerleading uniform for Powder Puff football. Hmmm - I see blackmail potential here :-)

4 comments:

Amy Lane said...

*g* Thank you so much... It's really good to know it doesn't suck!

About the over-committment... just make sure it doesn't lead to, erm, committment, right? I have faith--you seem like an amazing shaper of the world--you'll do great!

And maybe the cat is soaking her tail in your coffee because it's SOOOOO tasty to lick off...

Saren Johnson said...

Your cat is marinading herself. Grilltech made coffee rubbed ribs, while he enjoys them... I can't bring myself to eat them. Coffe is evil (oh wait, evol).

Go change the world, someone has to do it.

Em said...

You are an amazing lady! The world only continues to run itself because of all the people who don't know how to say no. If everyone knew how, nothing would ever get done. And hey, at least this new adventure doesn't have early meetings!

roxie said...

Without women like you, civilization would grind to a halt. Thank you for picking up the burden that I am too dead-possum lazy to lift. Committee meetings drive me screaming into the night.