Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I got elected!

Can you believe it? I actually got elected to school board on my first try. I picked a good year to run given the country's mood about incumbents. Of six candidates, I was the second highest vote getter with 6614 votes. The top finisher had 6642, so it was pretty darn close. One incumbent was re-elected but had significantly less votes than we did.

Thanks to all of you for your support! I'll probably need it even more when I find out what I've gotten myself in to. I have accomplished several things this year that I never thought I would, and you've been there every step of the way encouraging me. That means a lot.

Well, I'm off to pick up my campaign signs before someone writes a nasty letter to the editor about littering!



6 comments:

Briana in the District said...

congratulations!!

Saren Johnson said...

Congrats!!!!

Guess this means no more gifts of yarn... :)

roxie said...

Yayyy! Now the dirty part starts. Thank you for taking on a huge and difficult task!

Donna Lee said...

Yay!!!! Go you!!! The school board is lucky to get someone as thoughtful and thought provoking as you!

Em said...

Congratulations! Look how many people have faith in you. Other than us, I mean. Your school district is lucky to have you there to offer your wisdom and your humor.

Amy Lane said...

OH HUZZAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! That's wonderful!!! (I'm sorry I didn't check earlier.... ) But YAAAAYYY!!! Go you!!!! Huzzaaahhhhh!!!! You'll rock, you really will!