Saturday, November 1, 2008

I wish it felt like fall

As I sit here in Arizona, the temperatures are still in the 90's. It is supposed to drop a little next week and then come back up. This is the time of year I hate the most. The calendar says it is fall, fall clothes are in the stores and have been since July, I need to be planning for the holidays but it still feels like summer. I'm sick of summer!!!

I want to wear sweaters and my new hand knit socks. People will still be wearing sandals until Thanksgiving. Every year it is getting worse. The summer last from March or April through November and the winters are mild. Summers are hotter and dryer. My conservative father keeps telling me that global warming is a myth perpetuated by Al Gore (we all have our crosses to bear) but we are all living with some weird weather/climate changes.

Thanks for letting me rant. I always get this way until the weather finally breaks for good. By then, of course, I'm way behind for the holidays.

I am continuing to recuperate but get pretty washed out if I do too much (like go grocery shopping). I talked to a friend yesterday who had the same bug with a secondary infection and she's still not 100% after 3 weeks. I'll just have to be patient (not one of my virtues) and do what I can. I'm just grateful for full nights of sleep in my own bed.

I got ultrasound pictures this week of my grandchild. I can already tell her or she is attractive, smart and talented :-)














I'll probably drive you all crazy with baby news but at least this first time I get to celebrate a little. I've lived long enough to know that you have to take the sweetness in life when you find it, to balance out all the other crap that rolls in without permission.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Amy Lane said...

I know what you mean--I get TIRED of summer, and when it stays in the 80's until November, I get depressed about stuff too.

And I'm so excited about your grandbaby-- you'll have to tell me whether it's a he or a she--but beautiful and talented are definitely in the works:-)

Donna Lee said...

Brag and blabber away! Grandkids are supposed to make us ga-ga. I can tell from the ultrasould that the child is brilliant and talented.

I can't sympathize about the warm weather. We've had to turn on the heater already.

roxie said...

What an attractive child! What's the first thing you are knitting?

I hate that it takes so long to get well again. I had flu one year that kept me on the couch for the better part of a month, and I felt too crappy and too guilty to enjoy it. Sounds like you have some good dsitractions going on. Good for you!